Thanksgiving is right around the corner so I thought I’d share some of my favorite holiday recipes over the next couple weeks to help prepare you for the big feast. Thanksgiving should not be stressful, so I ‘ve created side dishes that are both incredibly tasty and simple to make.
Roasted Brown Sugared Carrots
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 30 min
Clean: 5 min
2 pounds small carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl toss the carrots with olive oil. Really get in there and mix well!
3. Place the carrots on a baking sheet, making sure not to overlap.
4. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and top carrots with salt and pats of butter and brown sugar.
5. Place the carrots back in the oven for the remaining 15 minutes.
6. Remove carrots from the oven. Place on a platter and sprinkle with thyme.