I figure that TV shows and actors live according to dog years. Every single year is equal to seven. So, really we have been doing this show for fifty-six years. I feel that “dog-math” makes saying goodbye a little easier. Because by anyone’s reckoning 56 years is one hell of a run, and of course you can be sad it’s ending, but after 56 years you know it’s time to go.
I came up with some snapshots of DH scenes that I want to share with you. I also asked around the set and asked some fans what moments stand out for them. What scenes or images are burned indelibly in their brains? Below is a list. But what is really going to be fun is when you add your own.
7. Lynette and Mrs. McCluskey breaking onto the baseball diamond to scatter Ida’s ashes and then being chased by the security guard.
8. Susan having her towel ripped off by her ex-husbands car and then having to sneak around naked in bushes. Nobody, but Teri could have pulled that off!
9. The image of Mary Alice putting the gun to her head in the pilot episode.
11. When Lynette went into the pool to grab her kids in the pilot episode. Loved that.
12. Tom and Lynette’s anniversary dinner that was supposed to be so elaborate and ended in a diner clinking coffee cups and toasting our marriage. Larry Shaw, as always, directed the heck out of that scene.
15. Last shot of the pilot. Paul Young digging a grave in the empty swimming pool.
I am leaving the list short so you can add your own. Next time let’s do favorite quotes, so start thinking now!