YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Hope you’re all having a fabulous holiday season! This Monte Cristo recipe is a must-have for after the holidays when your refrigerator is overflowing with leftovers you have no idea what to do with. We’re turning those leftovers into a brand new amazing dish. The best part? It’s so easy to make!
3-4 tablespoons milk
salt and pepper
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
6 pieces of white bread
4 slices cooked ham
4 slices cooked turkey
4 slices swiss cheese or whatever sliced cheese you have in the fridge
Cranberry sauce, for serving
1 large non stick skillet
1. Beat milk and eggs on a plate, set aside.
2. For each sandwich, butter lightly 3 slices of bread on both sides and the center slice with cranberry sauce.
3. Place a slice of turkey and ham between 2 slices of bread. Top each with 2 slices of cheese, a smear of cranberry sauce and then top with the 3rd slice of buttered bread. Trim crusts.
4. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
5. Place sandwiches in the egg mixture on both sides.
6. Place sandwich on the buttered pan and fry until golden brown on one side, add another tablespoon of butter and brown the other side.
7. Transfer to plate, sprinkle with sugar if you like and serve with some extra cranberry sauce.