Try this recipe out any night of the week.
12 oz angel hair (capellini) or spaghetti pasta
1 can quartered artichoke heart, canned
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 tbsp butter
1/4 cup shallots, minced
3 tbsp capers, rinsed
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, optional (adds spice)
Heaping 1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
5 tbsp lemon juice, or more to taste
3 tbsp chopped parsley, divided
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside and toss with some Extra virgin olive oil
2. In a large cast iron skillet, saute 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat with the artichokes until slightly browned.
3. Heat 6 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the shallots, capers, lemon zest, optional crushed red pepper and salt. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until shallots are translucent.
6. Add the lemon juice and cook until a sauce becomes thickened.
7. Add pasta and toss together. Add more lemon juice if desired.