Lorelai Gilmore is not only one of the best TV characters of all time, but she’s insanely relatable to single moms everywhere.
Here is a day in the life of a single mom, as told by Lorelai GIFs. May she forever reign as one of our TV mom heroes.
1. When one coffee in the morning just isn’t going to cut it.
Pump that sh*t right into our veins.
2. When you realize you actually have time for a shower.
The first shower in days, might we add.
3. When your kid is having a temper tantrum because they don’t want to go to school.
And of course this temper tantrum is going to cause you to be late to work.
4. And then you are late to work and your boss spots you pulling in.
How do they always know?
5. When you take a call from your kid’s teacher and your coworkers throw you dirty looks.
Guess how much we don’t care?
6. When it’s not even 10am but you already need that fifth cup of coffee.
It’s exhausting being both mom and dad, and coffee is the only one who truly understands. Coffee=life.
7. When your annoying coworker asks you the same question, again.
We’re trying really hard to hide the steam coming out of our ears.
8. When your kids ask you why you’re so tired and you tell them you feel like death.
We’re too tired to explain how actually tired we really are. How many times have we said tired in that sentence? SOMEONE GET US A NAP, PLEASE.
9. When it’s finally the appropriate time to enjoy adult libations.
This is honestly the only necessary beverage besides coffee.
10. When you’re too tired to cook and the universe punishes you for it.
No one has to know about this…
11. When your day has been so long that you just give into the sweet tooth.
These are words we live by.
12. When your kids refuse to help you do the dishes.
And we’re about two seconds away from losing our sh*t.
13. When your kid has a meltdown because they don’t want to take a bath, they and act like it’s the end of the world.
Just serving up some of that realness for dessert. They need a little perspective.
14. When you bestow your motherly wisdom onto your child because they’re upset.
Because honestly, sometimes that is the best medicine.
15. And finally, when your kid surprises you by not being a little brat.
Lorelai Gilmore totally gets us, and we love her for it.