This hearty buffalo chicken soup is delicious and the flavors are amazing. Actually, this soup is fan-f*cking-tastic and has gone into our weekly rotation of dinners. You should give this recipe a try. You won’t regret it! I could seriously go on and on about how incredible this soup is and I can’t believe I made something so tasty.
I used leftover rotisserie chicken which made this easy soup that much more simple. If you’re looking for something to use with your leftovers, this recipe would be perfect. I served it with crusty sourdough bread and wow, this meal made my tummy very happy. Enjoy!
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, and cut into half moons
- 2 tsp. ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 3 Tbs. fresh cilantro, divided
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2/3 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain, drizzle with olive oil, and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large pot. Sauté yellow onion, garlic and half of the green onions in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until the onions are opaque and fragrant. Add carrots, ranch dressing seasoning and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Stir to combine and sauté until the carrots begin to soften.
Add chicken broth, buffalo sauce, cheddar, parmesan, and shredded chicken. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the carrots are tender, but still have a slight bite. Add the egg noodles and stir.
Serve with sliced green onions, additional cilantro and blue cheese crumbles. Enjoy!