The days are getting shorter and it’s finally beginning to feel like Fall. With a chill in the air, you can now drink a cup of coffee without breaking a sweat. If you’re like me, your obsession with creating a cozy house is being fueled each day by too much time spent on Pinterest and an overabundance of cinnamon scent exposure. Or, maybe you are ready to stuff your face for the next few months and then hibernate through winter…! Before you get lost in the hustle and bustle of this busy time of year or fall asleep too early, make the most of this beautiful season with an Autumn Aspirations list.
Time seems to tick faster each year, so be intentional with your plans. Make a list of things you would like to do to celebrate the season, set the list in sight, and work towards reaching those goals and creating fun fall memories. Here’s an example of what’s on my agenda this season:
Autumn Aspirations 2012
– Apple picking in local orchard
– Pumpkin Patch
– Autumn Nature walk with the crew ~ collecting things for autumn crafts
– Splash in rain puddles with the kids
– Play soccer in the mud after a downpour
– Wine tasting with my girlfriends
– Minimum of 4 hot dates with The Husband, *venturing out to new places
– Fall Family Pictures
– Watch a football game or two with the husband for more than 5 minutes
– Read 2 new books
– Feed/clothe the homeless
– Pray more, worry less
– Cultivate a heart replete with thankfulness
– Passionately kiss my husband in the pouring rain (for a minimum of 2 minutes), followed by spiced apple cider and a movie by the fire.
So there you have it. My “Autumn Aspirations”. Because life is never picture perfect, it will be interesting to see how this turns out. What will you do to make the most of this season? What are your Autumn Aspirations?