Baking soda ghost goes BOO(m)!
1. Build candy structures.
All you need are toothpicks and gummy pumpkins. Encourage kids to build as high as they can, or just let their budding engineer skills lead the way! Read more on Lemon Lime Adventures. (Can also be done with apples!)
2. Make Tea Bag Ghosts
Teach your kids about convection and air pressure with these cool flying ghosts made from tea bags! For full instructions visit from Playdough to Plato.
3. Make an apple volcano.
4. Create self-expanding ghosts!
Vinegar + Baking Soda = Carbon Dioxide. Thus, balloon inflates! For full instructions visit Bitz & Giggles.
5. Quench your thirst for blood.
6. Mix up some magnetic slime…
7. Have a lesson in density AND creepiness.
Why does the paperclip sink, the lego levitate and the spider float? Science-Sparkshas the answer (and step by step instructions).
8. Discover the fun side of static electricity.
9. Freak out your neighbors with a jar of alien eggs or eyeballs.
10. Build a ghost geyser.
11. Make a candy potion…or two.
12. Experiment with dry ice…
13. Play Brain Surgeon!
14. Engineer flying ghost rockets.
15. Make Vampire blood.
16. Track your jack-o-latern’s demise.
17. Make use of all that candy.
Check out the effect four different liquids have on a candy pumpkin. Or a candy corn. Or anything else that rots your teeth. For the full experiment visit Lemon Lime Adventures.
18. Create FRANKENWORMS.
19. Explode a pumpkin!
This post was originally featured on Buzzfeed.