YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
There is nothing quite like the pain of putting your child to bed, especially if said child isn’t corporative. Any parent who can successfully put their child to bed without pulling out their own hair, aging 10 years, and having a nervous breakdown is a HERO.
Here are 23 GIFs that totally describe putting your kids to bed.
1. You realize the dreaded moment has come; it’s bedtime.
Must. Keep. Calm.
2. So you gather all the strength you have to approach the situation calmly.
You tell yourself you can do this – that no matter what, you won’t put up with any stalling from your child.
3. It takes all of your strength to smile sweetly at your child.
You may be crying inside, but by god if you don’t give it your all to keep it together.
4. Your kid says they aren’t sleepy, but you have no sympathy.
Sorry kid, life isn’t fair.
5. Your child refuses to leave the playroom.
You remind yourself it’s wrong to roll your eyes at your kid, but you just can’t help it.
6. Hey, you’re not above bribing your child! You promise they can have some ice cream tomorrow if they just go brush their teeth.
They have no idea of the lengths a parent will go to get a child to sleep.
7. Your success doesn’t last for long – brushing their teeth is an entire ordeal, and involves them having a temper tantrum (of course).
8. You can literally feel your teeth grinding away.
Why must everything be a production with a child?
9. Finally, they’re done brushing their teeth and going potty when they turn in the hallway and say they have to pee again.
How?! How could they possibly have to go again?! WHY MUST OUR CHILDREN TORTURE US SO?
10. After the second trip to the bathroom, you’re now in the end zone. All they have to do is put their PJ’s on and you’re golden.
We’re so close!
11. But it’s never that easy.
Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?
12. Because of course your kid can’t be happy with any pair of pajamas you try and put them in.
Eventually you give up, and let them sleep in whatever the hell they want. Anything to stop this temper tantrum.
13. Just as you’re ready to get them into their bed, they proudly proclaim they have to pee again. You can see the evil gleam in their eye – they know exactly what they’re doing.
When did your child turn into an evil genius?!
14. So you bring them to the bathroom, only for them to further reveal they don’t have to go anymore.
You should win a f*cking Olympic Gold Medal for not dissolving into a puddle of horrified, exhausted tears.
15. On the way back to their bedroom, you have a vision of victory – of the moment when they’re finally asleep.
It’s the light at the end of the tunnel! So close!
16. And then…they bring out the big guns.
How do children get their eyes so big?! Specifically when asking for a bedtime story.
17. Since you’re not a complete monster, you oblige and read them a story.
FINE, YOU GET A BEDTIME STORY. FINE.
18. Or two.
If they weren’t so cute…
19. And then you see it – the glorious sleepy eye droops!
20. And you rejoice, because the end is near which means you’re one step closer to having that well deserved glass of wine.
21. And then you hear the most beautiful noise known to mankind – the soft snore of your child.
And you think, “What could ever be better than this?!”
22. And you turn into the most stealthy of ninjas, tip-toeing out of the bedroom, panicking that you’ll wake the tiny, sleeping human.
By this point, it’s almost impossible to keep your cool.
23. By the time you close the door and are on your way to get your victory drink, you realize the whole thing was just too exhausting and you go to bed.
Such is mom life.